1. Induced draft venting quietly draws hot gases
through the heat exchanger, maximizing the heat
transfer efficiencies of the exchanger design.
2. Multi-port in-shot burners perfectly shape
the flame cone for the maximum heat possible,
while using less fuel.
3. Adaptive silicon nitride hot surface igniter
starts burners electrically for safe, efficient
operation. There's no pilot light constantly burning
4. Aluminized steel heat exchanger is crimped,
not welded, to prevent cracks from heat stress.
Stamped serpentine channel offers greatest efficiency
in less space. Backed by our 20-year, non-prorated,
5. Heavy steel insulated cabinet holds more heat
in the furnace to better warm your home. Also
assures greater durability and quieter operation.
6. Self-diagnostic controls are the solid-state
brain of the Freedom® 80 and manage every
function with digital accuracy. Includes safety
features and a built-in troubleshooting system.
7. Dual door latches allow easy access to the
filter for cleaning or changing (on upflow models
8. Sound insulated blower compartment assures
the quietest possible operation.
9. Cleanable filter
10. Spring-loaded filter rack automatically adjusts
for standard off-the-shelf filters (on upflow
11. Automotive grade gaskets and insulated blower
door reduce operating sound and air infiltration.
12. American Standard Freedom 80® Furnace
Awarded Consumers Digest "Best Buy"
Seal of Approval. More
The Best Buy Seal is a registered trademark of
Consumers Digest Communications, LLC, used under